Most members can get back more than the investment of their dues dollars in members-only discounts and services! Here's what we offer:
- CMA On-Call
The CMA has a wealth of information on legal, practice management and clinical issues, readily available to you and your staff. Members have FREE access to CMA On-Call, a repository of thousands of pages of up-to-date medical, legal, regulatory and reimbursement guidance.
- Institution for Medical Quality
The CMA's Institute for Medical Quality provides a continuing medical education tracking service, which certifies physicians' CME activity for credentialing purposes with the Medical Board of California, as well as hospitals, health plans, specialty societies and others. (800) 786-4CMA
- Physicians' Confidential Line
The Physicians' Confidential Line is a 24-hour phone service that provides support to physicians with alcohol/chemical dependency or mental/behavioral problems. This service is completely confidential and will not result in any form of disciplinary action or referral to any disciplinary body. (213) 383-2691
Click to see a list of additional services and discounts offered by the CMA.
CMA's Center for Economic Services (CES) is staffed by practice management experts with a combined experience of over 125 years in medical practice operations. Our goal is to empower physician practices by providing resources and guidance to improve the success of your practice. In 2010, CES successfully recouped over $2.7 million from insurance companies on behalf of our physician members. Assistance ranges from coaching and education to direct intervention with payors or regulators. Access to CMA’s practice management experts is members-only benefit.
When do I call CMA?
CMA members can call on CMA’s practice management experts for free one-on-one help with contracting, billing, and payment problems. If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, it might be time to call for help.
- Are your claims not being paid in a timely manner?
- Are you not being paid according to your contract?
- Are your claims being denied after obtaining prior authorization or verifying eligibility?
- Are you receiving unreasonable requests for medical records or untimely requests for refunds?
- Are you having difficulty obtaining fee schedules and/or payment rules?
- Are your claims denied for timely filing?
- Have you been presented with a managed care contract and you’re not sure if the terms are consistent with California law?
- Have you done everything you can to resolve an issue with a payor, including appealing, and have been unsuccessful in getting the payor to resolve the issue?
Call CMA’s reimbursement help line today and we’ll arm you with the knowledge you need to identify and fight unfair payment practices.